Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Soaking it up for real

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.









This Week's Topic:
What book and/or writing conference would you love to go to?
 
Where to begin?
 
My main goal is to manage to go to an overseas writing/book conference. But living here in Australia even making the trip interstate is a bt difficult and expensive. I love the online community and have participated in some online conferences but to soak up the atmosphere with real live people and all woyuld be fabulous.
 
The first step for me is the CYA conference here. The timing has been all wrong for me so far but I would love to go.
 
In August there is the RWAus conference and I am hoping to make that as all my stories have that romantic element.
 
Any recommendations for good overseas conferences I should be saving for?
=)

4 comments:

  1. My advise is start local and then go from there. The networking side of conferences is so great, and it's even better when you can follow up and make build lasting relationships with the people you meet at conferences, so going to conferences in Australia for starters sounds like the way to go. Then maybe some of the people you meet there will be able to suggest good international conferences to attend. There are a lot of them stateside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely go to the CYA conf. Your YAs are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments. they make me happy.