Wednesday, October 17, 2012

meandering me

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.



This Week's Topic:
Are you doing NaNoWriMo, or have you ever? Does having a deadline inspire you?


I am a complete deadline fangirl*. If I don't force some kind of goal I tend to meander about and not get anywhere pretty much.

I love the pressure and the words mounting up. Seeing the story evolve fast is all sorts of rush. But it's also HARD. and hard is, well, hard.

Cos November is all things summer and outdoors here the RWAus run a 50k in 30days in June where we can all sit inside in the cold and write. i completed that for the first time this year. Usually I'm more of a 44k in a month as my upper limit.

What about you?




*Note I might change my tune if/when I have someone else's deadlines to work to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments. they make me happy.