Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Universe of a book

Each week, YA Highway hosts Road Trip Wednesday, a blog carnival in which contributors discuss a topic on their blogs and invite readers to do the same. This week's RTW topic is:

If you could live within the universe of one book, which would you choose?

This was really fun. Maybe cos my reading these days is darker (not such a great place to live) I immediately went back to my childhood faves. Also because my oldest is just learning to read and I can't wait til she can discover this series. I remember the wonder of it... if not a heap of the story.

I would like to live in the world of The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton.


And the Harry Potter world might be cool too... as long as I was a talented witch and He Who Can Not Be Named was defeated.

What about you?
=)

7 comments:

  1. I don't know this story, but I am intrigued!!!! Just the cover looks like something my kids would be all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little obscure out-of-print books like that whenever I find them in the used bookshops!

    I picked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I also said HP would be great if not for the constant threat of violent death in the later books.

    And BTW, I'm running a contest on my blog through Friday, and you could win some wall candy for your writing space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of that book, but from the cover it looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a hard thing to decide. I would really need to think about it. Maybe Percy Jackson's universe? Or HP. Something where magic was a feature I think.

    Fun topic!


    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  5. KO - It was one of the books that turned me onto reading!

    Angelica - I'll go have a look!

    Tracey - Mostly I know I loved it as a child and I don't want to read it again in case it's not as great. But my 5yo old has it (with a new cover) and her goal is to learn to read it herself!

    Angela - I agree, magic is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds cool. Harry is a runner up, I mean Alan Rickman as Snape....mmmmmmmmm. come see me if you get a second!
    http://howlynntime.blogspot.com/2011/01/if-you-could-live-in-any-worldya.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL The first line is Stephen King's Dark Tower series...It is his masterpiece if you asked me. The rest was me tossing myself into it...lol. I do have piercing green eyes...hehehe Do read it if you get the chance, it is a whole world of crazy!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments. they make me happy.