Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lucky me


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.





This Week's Topic:
Back to school time! What's your favorite book that you had to read for a class?

Love this topic. Have to say I devoured anything I was set at school. Didn't love it all but I'm a fast reader and just inhaled anything i was given. However the two I really, really enjoyed (don't get me wrong i really liked others so no disrespect) were by local Aussie writers.

The first... Tomorrow When The War Began by John Marsden. We had to read the first and I read the whole series. I've seen the movie and I think it was great. however after chatting on an earlier blog I appreciate that such real violence might not be appropriate in every school. our time/school was pretty fortunate and it was a wonderful book.


The second is now one of my fave authors... Looking For Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta. How lucky to have such a great author to read cos I had to. It's not my fave of hers but I really liked it!


What about you?

5 comments:

  1. How did I miss both of those? Into my TBR pile they go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of fast readers. I was a pokey reader so I was a bit resentful whenever someone told me I had to read something. Still, I did like to read. (And do love to read now.)

    I haven't heard of these books. I'm so used to people being forced to read the classics that it's refreshing when I hear that someone has been assigned something different.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments. they make me happy.